Saturday, April 01, 2006

Banamas!!!

So for the past week, mom has been introducing me to some NEW foods. First, she adulterated my old stand-by with this flaky 'cereal' stuff. That's okay I guess. I have about a teaspoon or two twice a day now, served elegantly out of a shot glass (I believe it's the 'rook' out of mom and dad's shot glass chess set). About a week ago, I tried sweet potatoes. Those were interesting. They're also really fun to get everywhere, and you can really SEE your progress when you get it all over your clothes and chair! But neither of those two foods top my new favorite . . . bananas! Yay for bananas! I used to kind of mull them over in my mouth, but now I just sit with my mouth open till mom puts the spoon in, and then I swallow them right up! I might even finish half of the jar before its three day expiration date. . .

P.S. I know some of you may be concerned that I'm a little 'young' for solid foods. Well, let me explain this to you. I am a firstborn child, and my mother tends to be of the impatient nature. In other words, she just couldn't wait to use those cute little orange and pink and green and blue silicone tipped spoons. But hey, I'm cool with it. Until she tries peas . . . hmm. My buddy Gus warned me about those. . .

1 comment:

Steve Becker said...

Oh yeah. Bananas are the bomb. Lots of potassium. Good for you. But you knew that, huh?

Your mom and dad have a shot glass chess set? I didn't know that. That's just ultra-cool. Ask your dad to email me about that, ok? I never heard of such a thing. Sounds neat.

Hey... who's Gus? Is he a good guy? Sure hope you're keeping good company.

You are the best, little Bella!