Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Five Years of Fun for Mom and Dad

This post is kind of a photographic timeline of my family's vacations in the San Juan Islands. From kids, to newlyweds, to newlyweds with a kid. How time flies when you're having so much fun.


Ferry Rides


First, a picture of my mom and dad on the ferry on their senior trip, five years ago (note the date, one day after what would be their anniversary in three years). . .


Now, a picture of my mom and dad on the ferry on their honeymoon, two years ago. . .


And now, pictures of my mom and me and my dad and me on the ferry, just a few days ago. . .

And last but not least, a picture of me, on the ferry, all bundled up.



Roche Harbor Gardens

Here we have a picture of my mom and dad walking through the Roche Harbor Gardens on their senior trip, five years ago . . .



And here, a picture of my dad and me on that very same path in that very same garden, just a few days ago . . .



Picnic Tables


Here is a cheesy picture from two years ago of mom and dad's hands, with wedding rings, on the table where dad carved mom's name five years ago on their senior trip. Mom's name is just to the left of the screw thingie . . .

And here is mom and me trying to find the table again a few days ago. Darn all those tax dollars going to state parks . . . they replaced mom and dad's table with a new one. Alas.

No comments: