Saturday, July 07, 2007

4th of July

So, I don't remember Independence Day being quite this loud last year. I remember being quite nonchalant about it last year and mostly just sleeping through the festivities. But this year it seemed much louder and scarier. Anyway, this year started out with swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's pool, and then a fun little barbecue with the family. Auntie Am brought me some little pop it thingies and so papa shot them in the air and they landed on me, which was quite fun. Every once in a while though he would miss and they would hit the floor, so I had to let him know by saying "uh-oh" a lot (I didn't want those streamers to get left on the ground!)


Then he started lighting these sticks on fire and they would fly up into the air and make a loud pop.

Why would he do that? Why would he make noise just for the heck of it? It was completely unnecessary, in my opinion. I NEVER do that. Anyway. So I didn't like that so much. Then, we headed home for a quick nap and then out to the Carnahan's for the REALLY loud fireworks. I did not like them. My little friend Ophelia didn't seem to mind at all though, so I just went and slept in her little bed in the closet, well insulated from all the noise, and that was much more enjoyable. Mom says I missed a good show though. I'm a little skeptical. Oh, and here's a picture of my festive little toes.

No comments: